Since I wrote my second reflection on September 25th, it
has been approximately three weeks since I last reflected on my project and the
way it is progressing. I was off track before in regards to my timeline and now
I am even more behind.
The moving process for the military has taken almost all of my
focus since we arrived at Fort Riley, KS. The waitlist for living on post is
approximately 10 months long so we had to find housing off post. Then there
came all the unpacking, organizing and in-processing. We also did not have
Internet until last Monday and there are not many places to go and study or use
the Internet here. I was not prepared for how small this area actually is.
Lastly, since this is the first time I have moved with the military as an
adult, I honestly was not prepared for everything a soldier, military spouse
and military children must go through.
I have not completed much work since my last reflection. However,
I did create the Pre-EconDa
Training Survey via Monkey Survey. I am currently waiting on all of the
Frankston Middle School teachers to complete the survey so that I may tailor my
training module to their needs. I only briefly spoke with Mr. White in regards
to the survey. Once my storyboards are complete, I will send them to him for
his approval before moving forward.
My short-term
work objectives and my plans for achieving each objective for the next weeks
are as follows:
Complete
my third reflection paper – doing so now
Compile
results from Pre-EconDa Training Survey – by 10/31
Complete
the creation of storyboards for website – by 10/31
Create
Website Shell – by 10/31
Begin
first EconDa Module – by 10/31
Send
Storyboards to Mr. White for approval – by 10/22
Complete
EconDa Training Module – by 10/25
Create
first training video – by 10/25
Begin
work on Math EconDa Training Module – by 10/31
Begin
webpage and video for Math EconDa Training Module – by 10/31
Complete
Math EconDa Training Module – by 10/31
Begin
work on Reading EconDa Training Module – by 10/31
Begin
webpage and video for Reading EconDa Training Module – by 10/31
Complete
Reading EconDa Training Module – by 10/31
Begin
work on Science EconDa Training Module – by 10/31
Begin
webpage and video for Science EconDa Training Module – by 10/31
Complete
Science EconDa Training Module – by 10/31
Begin
work on Writing EconDa Training Module – by 10/31
Begin
webpage and video for Writing EconDa Training Module – by 10/31
Complete
Writing EconDa Training Module – by 10/31
Complete
Power Point Presentation for midterm debriefing – by 10/22
Complete
4th Reflection paper – by 10/29
Lessons Learned
Over
the last three weeks, I have mostly learned lessons in regards to time
management and organization.
I
used to think that I managed my time very well. I’ve always kept a planner and
made sure it was up to date. In fact, I was a little obsessed with always
having a calendar filled out and a schedule set for what I needed to
accomplish. However, the military has thrown all of that out the window. I have
learned that no matter what plans you make or what goals you set, Uncle Sam can
change or cancel all of them with a moment’s notice. I’ve only been an Army
wife for four years, but in over half of that time my husband has been
deployed. I made all of my own plans then and didn’t worry about his schedule.
Now that we just moved to a new post, his schedule comes before anything else.
This makes it hard to make plans or set aside time for me to specifically work
on my projects. I’m learning to be more flexible and less of a control freak.
Over
the last three weeks, I have let myself become unorganized in regards to my
school work. I’m still searching through boxes for some of my school books! I
have learned that my personality depends on organization. My mind becomes
messier as my workspace becomes messier. I find it hard to concentrate and
work. As soon as I took a deep breath, relaxed, regrouped and organized, I felt
so much better about my school work and work area.
No comments:
Post a Comment