Over
the last two weeks I have been completing and editing most of my design
documents. I have also been creating the site that will hold all of my
documents and my work. The website for the teachers is almost complete. I am
currently in the process of editing it one more time before sending it to Mr.
White for him to review. Once he has reviewed and approved it. The link will be
sent to his teachers and we will await their results.
Everything
is coming together nicely. Again, I feel confident about having the project
done in time for the end of the semester. I haven’t been communicating enough
with Principal White lately. He has been busy with his teachers and students.
They have also been going through more testing results from the previous school
year.
My
short-term work objectives and my plans for achieving each
objective for the next weeks are as follows:
Complete my fifth reflection paper – doing so now
Complete Website and Training Modules – by 11/11
Compose surveys for teachers to complete after each module – by
11/11
Check all links and videos – by 11/11
Have Mr. White’s approval before sending to teachers – by 11/11
Send completed website to teachers – by 11/15
Have all teachers complete EconDA training – by 11/30
Begin summarizing and finalizing results – by 12/1
Lessons Learned
I have learned that a
person shouldn’t beat themselves up for missing goal dates that they set for
themselves. While completing this course, I have begun reflecting on the many
different dates and goals I have set for myself over the past three years.
Since beginning this graduate program I have had many deadlines come and go.
When I first missed a deadline or goal date that I set for myself, I used to
get very upset and disappointed. Now, as I have grown as a student and as a
person, I have realized that some dates and deadlines are ok to push back a
little. Just because I had to set some of my goals for this project back a week
or two does not mean that I have failed or done anything wrong. It just means
that I need to reevaluate if my dates are practical and really manageable. I
think all other students should learn this lesson. It would help them be more
relaxed in the future and not so hard on themselves when they do miss a date or
deadline that they set for themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment